Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Finals fun + salon prep + conclusions

Hey guys! Enjoy my table! 

But before you check out the table, a bit of fun...

Source. No. 3 is my favorite lol.

        Unit 1: Folk KnowledgeUnit 2: Oral KnowledgeUnit 3:
Written Knowledge
Unit 4:
Print Knowledge
Self-directed learningExploring how what I already know is folk knowledgeIndividual or collective

Lost in translation
Connections: means to memorizing

Zapotec, Mayan, and Aztec calendars

Mayan codices
My questions to answer about fonts and typefaces

Typography (and answers to questions)

Google Brain

Typography basics

My research paper
Others' bloggingA LOT more things than I realized are folk knowledge (egg-cracking, gift-giving, eating, cultural [music] norms, learning new skills [diving]MUSIC AND DRAMA AROUND THE WORLD:
War I, II,
Trade
Story-telling
Ritual
Domestic
AROUND THE WORLD:

Greece
Islam I, II
Music
Zapotec, Mayan, and Aztec calendars
Akkadian
In architecture
Time-keeping
The Pe-a
Mayan codices
Assyria
The Book of Mormon
Mesopotamia

OTHER:
Cryptography
Illustration
On newspapers--government, digitization

Censorship and agency

Collaborative learningTeaching cookie-making

Learning hair-braiding
Group 4 King Benjamin's speechSee Rosetta stone belowPaper collaboration I, II, III
Projects / ActivitiesLearning Zumba

Group 4 teaching and learning together (whip-cracking, hair-braiding, cookie-making)
King Benjamin's speechGroup 4 illiterate scribes activity

Rosetta stone: Catherine III
Samuel
Kacee III
Blaine
Me
Annotated bibliography:
Printing presses and publishers
Bookselling and publishing
Children's literature I, II
The Reformation
Typography

Some conclusions:

  • IMPORTANT. As time when by (and the units progressed), I think I got better and more used to self-directed learning. (Professors: success!) As you can see from the numbers of posts of I made over the course of the units, there was definitely a learning curve!
  • Researching specific countries seemed to be the easiest way to blog and do research. Check out all that research done in unit three!
  • The projects seemed to be pretty evenly-spaced. (One project per unit.)

No comments:

Post a Comment