Wednesday, October 5, 2011

More Technical Difficulties

I really have no idea why I can no longer make comments, but here is my comment for Samuel's Wednesday October 5th post:

The way Polynesians would remember events such as battles reminds me of the Irish culture. They also commemorated battles through set dances called Ceilis. One specific Ceili I remember learning was called Waves of Torie, and it told the story of a battle. Several other Ceilis shared Irish history, and at the very least, all preserve the Irish culture.

As a performer, I definitely find the arts as the most engaging and useful way to preserve knowledge. There is something about music, drama, and dance that just sticks with our minds much better than mere memorization alone. Like Catherine, I can still remember dances and songs I have learned going all the way back to the late 1990s'. However, I can hardly remember what I ate for dinner last week or the contents of my last quiz taken in the testing center.

Has anyone else had any problems posting comments? I think it might be my computer, but I'm really not sure. It seems like ever since we got the new layout, I've been having problems.

1 comment: